Friday, June 21, 2013

Authorization to Test!

After I got all my documents together and mailed to the board of nursing, I received my Authorization to Test (ATT) from Pearson Vue. It only took 4 days to get it once the board had everything they needed. Thankfully I did not have some of the hurdles my classmates had in Georgia. One friend had to have her fingerprints done for a FOURTH time, another hand delivered his documents after they were lost twice, and many have spent countless hours on hold trying to see what hiccups they are dealing with.

For the non-nursing readers, the "Authorization to Test" is essentially an authorization number you need to schedule your test. It's sent to you as an attachment in an e-mail from Pearson Vue. Before you can get this ATT number, the board of nursing for your state needs to have all required documentation. (See Registering for Boards)

The most stressful part of this whole process has been scheduling my test date. I'll be in Minnesota for 2 weeks for my sister's wedding, then I want to have enough study time... BUT I want to take it as soon as possible, preferably not at 8am (I don't function in the morning), AND I have to find a time that works with my husband's schedule or find someone to keep an eye on Bree...

After staring at the screen for about an hour, I scheduled my test for: 
JULY 16, 2013 at 1 PM!!!!!! 
It's a Tuesday, and my husband will be out of town that week... so I am very thankful for a new friend who will be keeping Bree all day. Now all I have to do is STUDY!! Where do I even begin????

TO BE CONTINUED ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment